Guess Who Came to Dinner? BAT, No LBC

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Guess Who Came to Dinner? BAT, No LBC
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 21:51:10 -0700
We are at present recovering from a rather exciting evening. I was in
the kitchen fixing dinner when I heard a loud "crunch". It seems our
neighbor was just turning into his driveway, when a tractor and set of
doubles met him. After bouncing off the pickup, he drove straight into
our front yard, coming to a stop just three feet short of where I was
standing stirring the vegetables. I am quite used to people dropping in
unannounced at mealtimes, but I refuse to install a driveup window in my
house. Fortunately, we had a friend's utility trailer parked in the
front yard, and that slowed the tractor enough to prevent any serious
injury to anyone. The only casualties appear to be a new Dodge pickup, a
White tractor, the utility trailer, and probably the mock orange that I
started from a bush that my grandmother brought to Idaho with her in
1910. I guess we were all fortunate.
Kate