Copperhead cables

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Copperhead cables
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:34:42 -0500
For $85 it had better come with a very nice battery.  I thought I was
going overboard by making my own battery cables from "marine" grade wire
and terminals and heat shrink tubing, $20 plus labor.  I sometimes opt
for the brass terminals from Auto Zone for $2.99 a pair, I think.
Either way, del diablo is in the details.  Or, it doesn't matter what
you use if you don't make good connections, you will have trouble.

"I ran across Copperhead battery cables recently and wondered the
collective
wisdom was on their products.  A kit for a 1275 is ~$85 for the +ve and
-ve
terminals, the solenoid to starter cable, and the ground strap.  They
make a
strong claim for an excellent product.  Just wondered whether this is a
worthwhile $ spent."