Speedo takeoff on a 1098 Sprite..

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo takeoff on a 1098 Sprite..
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:19:55 +0200
Hi Listers,

Thanks for advice concerning accelerator pedal.

Next problem :
I'm trying to determine what's required to get my speedo working on my
non-running "bag of bits" project Sprite.

Hopefully the gearbox is complete but I have a niggling doubt that the speedo
takeoff is internal to the gearbox & has not been fitted.

A quick look at the Moss Catalogue does not help.

I have a white plastic moulding which screws into the gearbox and the speedo
cable which in turn screws into plastic moulding.

I'm not sure what the plastic moulding should contain.  Also, the driven part
of the cable does not locate positively within the moulding.

Are there any better gearbox pictures on the web?

Thanks in advance,

Louis Mehr
RHD 71 Sprite with 1098 engine. "I thought the brakes were sorted until I
noticed the wet brake pedal.."
Manchester
UK