Re: rookie racer

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: rookie racer
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:48:06 -0500
Cc: cfchrist@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 09:04:41 -0000
From "Charles F. Christ" <cfchrist at earthlink.net>
Subject: rookie racer and some lbc too

>>>i have never seen so many people who are so willing to
share any spare parts they have on board in a given weekend to help a fellow
competitor.

I have experienced this first hand several times in the four  years I've
been racing
with VSCDA and SVRA.   Everything from brake pads ("Just give 'em back when
I see you next month") to broken parts ("Don't worry about it this
weekend....
when you get home send me what you think it's worth").

>>>i am going to play cars with the other
children.....and i will play nice too!
chuck.

It is play!  Theater and fun.  A bunch of old farts making believe they are
racing.
It adds a whole new demension to owning an old car.

How about some info on where you do the hillclimbs?

--JohnD