Time to paint

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Time to paint
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:28:20 -0700
Now that my wife's Traveller is painted and looking good, I can't stand to
look at my pitted and scratched Bugeye sitting next to it.

I've started to strip off the old paint and prepare for phase two of the
restoration now that I've had two years of fun driving it.   It seems the
hundreds of pits in the green paint are little blown out chips.  Too much
hardener was used and the old paint is as brittle as glass.  I can start the
edge of a razorblade and go straight across the surface without hurting the
underlying primer all that much.  None the less, a full strip, metal repair,
primering and paint will follow.

I'll reassemble the stick-and-tarp spraybooth in my garage and use Dupont
two part Centauri (?) as I did with decent results on the Morris.

Now, to the color.  Evidence is that the original color was yellow and I may
go with that as well as a black stripe up the center ala Frank and Crash.
Cherry red is tempting, but the red pigment costs the most and my wife
thinks it will look too much like her Traveller.  The only other color she
and I both like is BRG and thats too much like what it is now.

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye
'59 Morris Traveller (Winifred)