A series engines ?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: A series engines ?
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:24:36 EDT
I received the following inquiry this morning froma local big Healey owner,
what
is the groups opinion on this subject?

Bob

"I'm trying to determine if the Austin engines used in the Morris Minor cars
are the same Austin engines used in the Sprites and Bugeyes.  I've been told
the engines and trannies are A-Series ........  It's a '59 Morris Minor Pick
Up.  The seller has spare parts from two donor vehicles including 2 engines
and 4 trannies.  Do you have any idea how much an engine and transmission
sells for these days?"