Re: loose bearing part 4

To: robert walker <spriteracer98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: loose bearing part 4
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 17:54:45 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert,

Thanks for the input. I have gotten responses that suggest, as your
experience does, that the spindle is at fault. Others suggest that
the hub could be at fault. I think I will try putting the old stub
axle on with the new(er) hub and see if that fixes it. If not, then I
will try switching the passenger side hub to the driver side. If that
combination doesn't work, I will call Stephen King as the car must be
possessed.

Thanks again,

Jeff

>I had a simular problem about {golly!}38 years ago.
>The problem solved itself when the spindel finally
>broke! Just a thought, but do these two things to put
>your mind at ease.........mike the spendel for size,
>magnaflux the spendel. Just rembered! Is the grease
>cap warm after a 5-10 minute drive? Should not
>be........if it is you have a sure sign of spendel
>flex. Hate to sound alarms, but you do need to find
>out what the problem is.

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
<http://www.molvis.org/molvis>
<mailto: jboatri@emory.edu>