Insurance again

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Insurance again
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 12:16:38 -0800
A few months ago we had a discussion about insuring classic cars. In adding
my Morris pickup to my policy, I've found that anything I do to the vehicle
(like putting cover the bed) puts in into their "modified" catagory, which
increases my premium from $20 or $30 for a 3rd vehicle to a minimum $250.
Modified is for vehicles like hot rods oor engine swaps, chassis mods etc.
Also, I can't use it for camping trips with my kids unless it's kept in a
locked garage. They even consider my two-tone paint job to make it a
modified vehicle! (guess they don't like the purple either...'-) I managed
to convince them that they were way off base and when she confirmed with me
that there were no flames painted on it [LOL], she relented. I think this
is getting way too restrictive for use and want to explore another
carriers. I remember someone mentioned someone that was much more flexible
and not very expensive. Besides, I may want to paint flames on it
later...'-) Anyone remember who that was or which company?

Gerard (just call me Mr. Hot Rod)

P.S. In case your wondering, the company I now have is Classic Collectors-
Great American

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints