Re: Insurance again

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insurance again
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 23:10:18 EST
In a message dated 10/31/01 4:04:30 AM, PilotRob@webtv.net writes:

<< Hi, Chuckster-

Naw, you are OK with your "normally"
valued Spridget, Chuck. >>

Hey Cap'n:

Darn it, I had planned to stay out of this discussion, however I must get
into it to clear up some misconceptions.

If you buy "antique" or "show car"  insurance, the company has every right to
limit your driving and offer you lower rates.  Accepting the limited  driving
is your part of the bargain for receiving lower rates.  Insurance companies
aren't out to get you, but if their program isn't for you, stay away from it
or  plan to change your attitude.  Personally, I buy from AAA, the people
that insure my regular cars.  They insure the bugeye as a ordinary driver
(which I actually drive about 5000 a  year, but am not limited to that.)
Collision and comprehensive are based on a stated value and a picture is
required every so often.  It may cost me a little more, but I have a  policy
that takes care  of my Sprite just as it does my other cars, with full
liability and replacement.  You don't HAVE to have collectible insurance--it
is just cheaper under certain circumstances.  If it works for you, good on
you;  If not, get regular insurance.

After all, there is only one way to really know how an insurance company
behaves at claim time.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes)