Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Crack of Death

To: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, toyman@digitex.net
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Crack of Death
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:16:56 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 11/17/01 9:00:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spritenut@exit109.com writes:

> I may have found a cure for the crack. (no wise cracks please)
> Grind out the crack in a shallow "V", fill with seam sealer, prime and
> paint.
> The door will still flex but the crack doesn't show up.
> At least thius is what the guy who repainted PIECES said he did,
> So far so good (2 years +)
> Now if that rust would just stop coming back........

Frank, is that the same guy who told you to fill the rusty quarter panels
with expanding foam insulation, shape it with a knife, cover with bondo, and
then paint?  I wouldn't trust him!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget