Scrappage Law

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Scrappage Law
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 20:40:50 -0800
Even though I voiced my opinion on the current wording of section 803 I took
the time to email my senators with the following:

Diane Feinstein
Barbara Boxer
Senate Bill S.1766 Section 803 potentially provides for incentives to scrap
automobiles 15 years or more old.  As a classic car hobbyist, I urge you to
oppose legislation that would result in mandatory crushing of older cars.
Even non-collectable older cars provide a wealth of resources to hobbyists
like myself because of the interchangability of parts with more desirable
classic models. It should be noted that rarely are older cars used as
primary transportation anyway.  Federal monies would be much better spent
rebuilding the infrastructure of roads and highways which has been allowed
to fall into decay.  Improved traffic flow results in less traffic
congestion, hence less fuel wasted and less pollutants emitted from
automobiles idling needlessly in grid-locked traffic.

Sincerely,
David G. Riker
Registered Voter
State of California