Re: classic/collector insurance

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: classic/collector insurance
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:40:05 EST
In a message dated 1/3/02 2:38:53 PM Eastern Standard Time, BCAH@aol.com
writes:

<< Did I talk to the wrong
 people or are you guys not reading the fine print? >>

Is fine print all that fuzzy looking stuff in the policy?
I was told that you are allowed to drive the car for the purposes of routine
maintenance.

I thought driving from San Diego to New York, would be good for the car.
Would have been, had we made it, but we got soft in Phoenix and shipped
(pre-Chuck Wagon) the baby from there. The whole purpose of the trip was to
spend sometime and have a nice talk with my 20 year old son. You ever try to
talk top down, 4500 rpms 25 psi oil pressure and 220 degrees water temp?
Somewhere in the mountains of California, we came to a stop sign, told my
son, not to shift into first, just roll through and slip the clutch. Next
thing we know, this really bad ass looking Highway Patrol guy in an SUV,
pulls over our Bugeye with New York plates. Asks "They let you do that in New
York?" I tell him about how first gear doesn't have synchromesh, and how I
didn't want the young lad, to grind the gearbox.
Guy looks over the car, we pop the hood (bonnet), he is amused that there
here are two idiots, driving a car with a motorcycle sized engine all the way
to New York. Lets us go.

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A