About Ed

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: About Ed
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 17:10:33 -0800 (PST)
Dear Listers,

A clear example of what happens when an angry young man gets a bit older -
but is this a reason to remove one from the list?  Every list needs a few
people that stand out one way or another - the value is that we can use
this information as a personal sanity check - call it, if you will, a
Sanity Clause, though it is a bit past the season.

I know that many of you gave up believing in Sanity Clause years ago.

I vote for Ed.

Cheers,

Rick Feibusch
Venice, CA

Tips on list manners:

If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

Don't assume malice for what stupidity can explain.

The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the
right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting
moment.

He who hesitates is probably right.

If you think there is good in everybody, you haven't met everybody.

Don't call anyone a "List Nazi" even if he is an overbearing windbag of a
co-founder of a list - some people are quite sensitive about the term
"Nazi." I saw the term "Soup Nazi" on a Seinfeld rerun - I wonder if they
got flamed???. It's funny but "List Commissar" or "List Warden" doesn't
have the same cachet.