Re: Weird Carb Problem - and oil

To: RMueller@grumobile.uscg.mil, Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com
Subject: Re: Weird Carb Problem - and oil
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:46:53 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, Mueller944@cs.com
My oil pressure gauge can tell the difference between Mobil 1 0-40 and the
15-50.

The HIF4 carb (well certainly the HIF38) is smaller in the throttle bore or
something than the HS4.  Someone from the list once checked this point with
APT and they recommended not using it though it appeared the HIF38 carb had
never been flow benched.  The HIF44 flows more air than the HS6 (Vizard).