Subject: [Fwd: Shock Absorbers

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Subject: [Fwd: Shock Absorbers
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 06:50:11 -0800
>>>For those that don't subscribe to the Healey List, here's an Apple
Hydraulics testimonial from the Healey List.

jay f

Boy, I can sure chime in on that one.  Did four shocks with Apple before I
learned of Peter C and they were all different with one being completely
shot right out of the box.  Pulled them after about three weeks (and one
vintage race weekend) and sent them back.  Got a "free replacement" of four
more: all work, none the same as the other, however. Tried to adjust with
STP.  (We-cheap club recommended fix for DPO's and those in training to be
DPO's).  next time around, I needed shocks rebuilt for my '53 TD.  Sent them
to Peter.  Came back fast and about as good as they probably were in '53.
I've learned my lesson.  Watch fout or the poisoned apple!

--JohnD