Re: brad and heavy immovable objects

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: brad and heavy immovable objects
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 15:42:21 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
mgraziano@mindspring.com wrote:
Ummm Ouch?  Do we want to know why the wall pissed you off so much? Hope it's
not broken.

Mike (healing)

Thanks Mike, and thank you to the other kind folks that have sent their regards
privately. As you all know, no act of kindness goes unpunished, such was
yesterday. I am the purchasing agent for my company and I have a compadre that
is learning to help with some of the duties I previously was responsible for. I
had caught
up on my tasks at hand when over our radios there was a report of an incoming
delivery with damages. I offered to go with Dave and help to asses the damages
for claims purposes. When we got there the truck was backed up to the dock and
the load in question had slid off of the shipping skid onto the floor. I
suggested
that we restack the material to get it off the truck and easier asses the
amount of damage on the parts that had slid across the floor. We removed the
shrink-wrap, got the empty pallets set up and I grabbed the first handful of
parts. I turned to step out of the truck and my right foot caught on a piece of
banding that
was still pinned under the material. Because of the weight in my hands I was
instantly off balance and bent over. I started moving forward to try to catch
my balance. I set the weight down on the pallet as I stumbled over it but it
was too late. I was almost at a run when I hit the corner of a brick wall with
the top of
my right shoulder. That did bring me to a stop.
The x-rays show I pulled ligaments in 3 places, so no finishing putting up the
garage door this weekend. And now you know............
The Rest of the Story................
This was All Hardly................ a Good Day!!