Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#599999338: JUDSON SUPERCHARG

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, <SDOliner@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#599999338: JUDSON SUPERCHARGER, MG...
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:57:48 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <judson@autox.team.net>
Once again I have to remind everyone of your local airport.  There, for about
2.25 buckos american you can buy a gallon of 100 octane av fuel.  Though nomered
LL for Low Lead, that is only in comparison to the old Red 80 and 100.  This
s%^t is so full of lead that the exhaust stacks become coated with it after
about 15 minutes!   Now I don't know if the combo of 100 Octane and all that
lead is enough to beat back the detonation that may be caused by the high
manifold pressures and temps with a super charger, but I do know that if I could
afford the price of admission to the Judson club I would try this stuff first.
Then again, detonation is the price you pay for missing the mark on any of this
stuff, and I can tell you from experience that the result is not a pretty sight.
Geoff Branch
'74 Meejit "Yellow Peril"
'72 Innocenti 1300 Mini