Re: 62 Midget Parts For Sale

To: "Rob Root" <root99@earthlink.net>, "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 62 Midget Parts For Sale
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:30:49 -0800
Hi List,

I have been lurking for some time, but am now proud to say my Mark II Sprite
is back among the living, after 18 years of storage.  Lots cosmetically left
to do however, which brings me to the point:

Over the years I parted out various LBC's, and I want to convert the parts I
can't use to something I can ($$$ or Mark II Sprite parts).  I have a very
nice grille I removed from a Mark I Midget.  I think it will fit 1962 to 1969.
It is only lacking the MG badge, which Moss Motors sells for about $8.00.
Also have some of the narrow beltline chrome trim strips which went on the
Midget doors and fenders.  Oh, and I have original steel rims coming out my
ears...   The ones with round holes around the circumference. correct for
early Midgets without wire wheels I think.

Last thing for now: I have original seats for a 1965 - 1968 Spridget.  They
are in my '63 Sprite right now, but as soon as I finish restoring the original
seats, these will be for sale.  They have original upholstery present, in
ratty condition, with a cheap aftermarket recover job over the top.  They need
diaphragms, but I think the frames are in good shape.  Haven't looked at the
foam that well, but it might be reusable too.  Let me know if you are
interested...

If anyone is interested in any of these parts, please e-mail me offline with
questions and or reasonable offers...

I am in WA but the parts are in NM.  My brother can arrange shipping.

Thanks,

-Rob Root