Compression Ratio

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Compression Ratio
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:51:02 -0800
This has probably been done before, but how do you figure your
compression ratio?  I know this is going to make my head explode.  I was
thinking that the problem I was having with the Judson and the
overheating of the engine may be due to high compression.  When I
rebuilt the engine I had a cleanup cut done on the head and 10 thou
taken off the block.  While this will not raise the compression
dramatically, who knows how many times it was done in the past to the
block and the head?  If I can figure the compression ratio, how can I
figure how thick of a custom copper gasket will bring it back to the
8.3-1 ratio that it originally was?
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite