Re: try this

To: Dbcooper292@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: try this
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 14:00:14 -0600
At 01:36 PM 1/9/2002, Dbcooper292@aol.com wrote:
<SNIP>
>  PS that thing about pets killed me, nice work.
Me too...

>Mark M
>
>PPS so my original question still stands, doesn't the air pump provide extra
>oxygen for combustion or whatever in the catalytic converter, and so that CO
>can become CO2 with the additional O, and if this is the reason for the air
>pump why have it without a catalytic converter?  it seems you would have the
>same exhaust, plus some air, and the only possible benefit would be the car
>could inflate a hot air balloon faster but would experience greater
>backpressure.
=====
Air pumps were on in 1968 for many, many cars (Bs, Midgets, etc) I'm
stepping off my short pier of knowledge here, and I'll be either buoyed or
held under by the experts on the list, but I believe the thinking was that
an injection of air at the exhaust would complete the burn of unburned
post-combustion hydrocarbons. And, there weren't converters during this era
of the stone age.
         Peter C  (feeling old)