Re: 1500 Carb Options-LONG! WAS: Re: distributors--StallingDVAG

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <Midgetracers@aol.com>
Subject: Re: 1500 Carb Options-LONG! WAS: Re: distributors--StallingDVAG
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:02:53 -0500
From Midgetracers at aol.com
Date:  Wed, 9 Jan 2002 15:12:34 EST

>Chris,
>
>You have not included the sidedraught Weber in your list.

That's true, and it was omitted on purpose. From what I have read, the DCOE is
better when combined with complemetatry internal engine mods, especially a new
cam. My aim at this point is to have a very streetable engine, and eliminate
some of the losses that wre the result of pollution control.

>Merryman modifications will know the needle size for the HS6 / HIF44 single
>carb on 1500 set up.

Cool. Do they have a website?

>The British twin HS4 setup is obviously tried and trusted.

Seems to be the general consensus.

>Forget all the other options and decide which of the 3 above falls within the
>price range you are prepared to pay out for.  Bearing in mind that money
>spent on a carb swap might not necessarily product the most bang for bucks.
>For instance buying the cheapest of the 3 carb mods described above and
>spending money on a pacesetter header and Maniflow silencer might produce
>more power than spending the same amount of money on just the carb.

That's the balance I'm looking for. :-)
DO you have a preferred supplier for the exhaust parts?

Thanks again!

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
http://members.home.net/kvcbk/