wire wheel lug bolts

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: wire wheel lug bolts
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 01:17:51 EST
I had always noticed something rather odd when I looked at some old wire
wheels. There were four "half-moon" shaped indentations on the inside . My
car and been converted by the PO to wires. To my horror , I noticed that even
though the knock off was apparently on tight , the wheel was not fully all
the way on. It seems that the solid wheel  bolts are longer and when the
wheel was put on , the ends of these bolts were cutting into the wheel. Yes ,
there are two part numbers for the bolts/studs! On mine anyway, I had no
trouble hammering them out  and pounding in the new, shorter ones. It did not
take 10 minutes.-------------Bob C in Kansas