Re: Me Again 2

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com, Beverly Cleary <bcleary@awod.com>
Subject: Re: Me Again 2
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:41:02 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Mike's paint procedure is good - I would add that 3m
blue masking tape is the best to work with, it's
thicker or something.  Wire brush works fine, but
takes much longer, and the raw finish from the
sandblasting is a little better.  'course, I rely on
the kindness of others for my sandblasting cabinet, or
I'd be wire brushing.

--- mgraziano@mindspring.com wrote:
> Oh,, and you don't need to have them sandblasted.  I
> just used a wire brush on my drill and you would
> never know.  I didn't even remove the tires, just
> used lots of masking tape.  Paint them silver first
> (i did 5 coats), let it cure, then use masking tape
> and a model knife (or scalpel) to trace out the
> black section.  I used 5 coats of black, let it
> cure, removed the masking tape,and then coated
> everything with 5 more coats of clear.

=====
Ron Soave

"When you're married you'll understand the importance of fresh produce."
- T. Soprano