RE: Road trip - finished LONG

To: <Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net> teamfat2.dsl.aros.net id g0MGC1c23652
Subject: RE: Road trip - finished LONG
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:11:57 -0600 namics.com>
Tommy,
Glad to hear you got the car home
safely!  Congrats on getting your
dream car.

-Rob

-----Original Message-----
From Tommy_Samuels at markivauto.com [mailto:Tommy_Samuels@markivauto.com]

Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 9:12 AM
To: spridgets@autox.team.net; mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Road trip - finished LONG

Well it's finally over
I loaded my 70B on the trailer Thursday night and left South Carolina
Friday after lunch All went well until about 8:00 Friday night when I
hit a pothole in eastern Mississippi and my dash lights went out. I
pulled into a service station at the next exit and began
troubleshooting.  I found a blown fuse, but not the cause. In goes
another fuse and on the road again.  About 30 minutes later BOOM no dash
lights, so I'm driving down I-20 looking for an exit when I see blue
lights coming up behind me. A state trooper pulls me over and informs me
there aren't any light on the back of my car or trailer.  I told him
about the dash lights going out and got away with a warning and info
that an exit is 3 miles ahead.  Now Ihave enough information to start
looking for the real cause of the dash lights going out. I spent an hour
crawling around under the trailer until I found a wire piched between
the loading ramps and under frame of the trailer.  Electrical tape and
another fuse and I'm all lit again Spent Friday night just across the
Louisiana border