Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#600906724: Austin Healey Glas

To: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>, <type79@ix.netcom.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#600906724: Austin Healey Glass Front Turn Signal Lens
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:54:05 -0600
Listerati,
         First, this is the very first item I've ever even bid on. Price
seemed OK, so I bought them. Haven't heard from the seller yet.
         These are for the Model 584 turn-park lamps in Europe for "box
Sprites" These lamps have 2 bulbs and a single piece clear lens with 2
foci. This amber lens is an insert which covers the turn bulb only under
the larger clear lens. In the US market, the lamp was a Model 686 with a
clear lens (later amber) 1 piece with 1 focus and 1 dual element bulb.
Daniel Thompson of Canada needed some a few years ago.This is how I
"learned" of them. They never really made it to the US.
         That help?
                 Peter C
===