Re: 1500 head torque

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1500 head torque
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:24:37 -0500
I don't know anything about hot torquing, but it sounds like your concern is
leakage.
Though you probably already know them, here are a few things to ensure
proper assembly:

1.    Check the surface of the block for pulled material around the bolt
holes.
2.    Clean the block threads with a tap/thread chaser
3.    Use new bolts
4.    Apply a thin coat of grease to the threads AND the bearing surface of
the bolt head.
5.    Use a good torque wrench.
6.    Make an offering to the head gasket goddess.

<dnw>
1972 Midget
1998 Safari
1999 9-3