Weekend LBC Find! Longish-No Taliban or COs!

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weekend LBC Find! Longish-No Taliban or COs!
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:38:11 -0800
Hi Guys & Gals,

Last weekend I went to a place, near Corvallis, where I'm planning on
storing some cars.  I was met there by the 2 owners, knew one, now I
know them both!

The place is an old tire retreading plant with a quonset hut attached to
the back and 2 side building attached.  Lots of space, maybe 12 - 15,000
sq. ft or so.  Well when I went inside, WHAT A SURPRISE!  Not only were
there about 20 cars ranging from a 56 Cadillac one owner car with the
vinyl covers still on the seats, a DB-2, lots of other British iron
including 3, count them 3 Bug Eyes.  That was nothing compared to the
rest of the place.

One of the owners had just consolidated all his collection of parts, NOS
and used along with some junk stuff and all the remaining floor space,
and I mean ALL but some passageways, were pallets with shrink wrap on
them of these parts!  I have NEVER seen this many Brit parts/junk under
one roof  before!  What an assortment!  This is the proverbial "found in
a barn" story in spades!  It was absolutely overwhelming and I've seen
some big lots of stuff before in my life, but nothing like this!  Made
my stuff look like a sweeping of pieces in the corner!

One really unique vehicle there, not lbc, was an International PU with a
four cylinder engine.  Made from a part of a V8 block, straight from the
factory this way. 8 wire dizzy cap with only 4 wires in it!  No wonder
it was made for only 3 years!  What a gas!

Soooo, when he gets it sorted out and stuffed on shelves, etc. I suspect
that a lot is going to be available for sale.  I'll let you know in the
future more about this.  In the meantime, keep your fingers crossed that
he has that elusive bit you have been pining for these last few years.

Regards, Paul A