Re: An american, etc. now with LBC content

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: An american, etc. now with LBC content
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 13:07:17 -0500
>>Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 11:09:03 -0500
From <cdsorkin at ix.netcom.com>
Subject: An american, etc., now with LBC content

Perhaps 18 months ago there was an "around the world" rally, in which
several dozen classics, mostly English, cruised across Asia, amon other
places.  Does anyone remember if their route took them through Afghanistan?
If so, was there ever a picture archive of the event?  I think that John
Black had been conveying quite a few tales of the event.

Regards,

Charles

I remember that event.  A friend of mine conned Mercedes-Benz out of a
sponsorship and ran an old 220S around the world in 79 days.  My
recollection is that they went "over" Afghanistan through the "other 'stans"
and across Mongolia and China.  The web site of the Historic Edurance Rallye
Association (H.E.R.O.) should have photos and info.

--JohnD