An Experiment

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: An Experiment
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 00:40:54 -0700 (MST)
>    Enough with the cat chocks, sheetrock and invisible messages.

Let's see, over 1700 messages to spridgets@autox.team.net during January
so far, 28 days.  That's roughly 60 messages a day.  I wonder how many of
those messages actually had content that was worth the effort it takes to
propagate them around the world?

At one time, I did set up a list in an attempt to steer some of the
off topic drivel away from the marque and model specific lists, but that
hasn't amounted to much yet -  http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo/the-local

Since this is such a vociferous list, it might be a good place to try out
another tactic to provide those interested in discussing Sprites and Midgets
a place to axtually discuss Sprites and Midgets.  The info file for the new
list is included below.  We'll see how it goes.

mjb.
----

This is the info message for the spridgets-mod@autox.team.net list.
It is intended as a moderated forum for email discussion by those interested
in actually talking about Austin Healey Sprites and MG Midgets, something
which often fails to occur in the spridgets@autox.team.net list.

To unsubscribe from spridgets-mod, send the following in the body (not
the subject line) of an email message to "majordomo@autox.team.net":

        unsubscribe spridgets-mod

This will unsubscribe the account from which you send the message.
If you are subscribed with some other address, you'll have to send
a command of the following form instead:

When you send some other request which majordomo doesn't understand to
the majordomo@autox.team.net address, it may take days, maybe even a week
before a human gets around to reading it and actually acting upon it.

Some things to note:
--------------------

Like the other lists served from autox.team.net, spridgets-mod continues to
exist through the volunteer efforts of the list manager, Mark J. Bradakis,
mjb@autox.team.net.  The list manager retains the right to make any and all
changes to list content, membership and policies, including dissolving the
list, at any time as he sees fit.

The postings to this list are intended only for those on this list.  Any
reproduction by any means without the express consent of the author is not
only rude and stupid, but prohibited.

Send your mail for the entire list to

    spridgets-mod@autox.team.net

After some period of time [usually 1 - 1000 hours ] the list moderator will
process your message.

mjb.
----

Common abbreviations:

     LBC = Little British Car
     IMHO = In my humble opnion
     YMMV = Your mileage may vary
     DPO = Dreaded previous owner

WWW access through http://www.team.net/team.net.html

Anonymous FTP access to random car  stuff through ftp.team.net

login ftp, password your.address@your.site

Parts vendor info available through the Monster List,

    http://www.dimebank.com/monster/vendors.html

or via ftp, in pub/sol/brit-ven*

Check out other related lists at

   http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool