Re: distributor replacement

To: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>
Subject: Re: distributor replacement
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:07:35 -0500
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
>One thing that happens is that I will be driving along and all seems fine,
>and then all the sudden the engine loses power... and sometimes just dies
>completely...

>Most times there is major hesitation (where I am afraid the engine is just
>going stop running) when I begin acceleration...

There was a long discussion about this phenomena on the spridgets list a little
while back

The problem you're describing can be attributed to the incorrect advance curve
for your engine's state of tune
Did you / have you - changed the cam, intake , modified carbs or changed
exhaust?

I don't remember which Spridgets lister came up with the solution, so I'm
copying that list hoping someone will clue us in

Tommy
61 MGA
67 Sprite
69 Sprite