Re: The "experiment"

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The "experiment"
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:21:09 -0800 (PST)
--- b-evans@earthlink.net wrote:
> Just a contrarian view for what it's worth.
>
> Bob Evans

Can't keep quiet any longer.  I'm with Bob.  I joined
this list in '97 - I was picking up my Bugeye and
driving it 1000 miles solo, and was stunned at the
number of folks offering food, shelter, and help for
my ride.  I have been here long enough to remember
Bob's story of the lady who got particularly cozy with
one of his cars that had the engine pulled.  Spridget
people were great, and still are.  I got a tremendous
kick out of the expertise on the list, from all things
Spridget (Frank, Jay, Crash, Paul A.,  etc.), concours
(MariNOS), power tuning (Daniel), insurance issues
(Jay), thermodynamics (you-know-who), and off-line Bob
Weidemeyer has given me invaluable advice, whether he
realizes it or not, but we have gotten way out of hand
lately.  Periodically I've dropped off when I don't
have time to read much and/or am too exhausted going
through 75 posts a day to actually contribute to the
list.  Mark maintains this list for a reason - there
are hundreds of other sites where we can have endless
bull sessions. The M!ata list has an area for
completely off topic discussions, as does the Fender
guitar list (that's why I never have felt the need to
talk about the pre-CBS era on the Spridgets list, or
ask who can rewind the dead pickup on my Tele-Deluxe).
 Every opinion needs to be respected here, but Mark's
is the most important here, period.

So I am signing off for a while, and will try a/the
moderated list.  I enjoy lists that address my
interests, and lately I have really missed having a
list that talks about Spridgets.

=====
Ron Soave

"When you're married you'll understand the importance of fresh produce."
- T. Soprano