Re: Heater Fan Switch and other Lucas quality products.

To: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Heater Fan Switch and other Lucas quality products.
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:37:36 -0600
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
James Gruber wrote:

> 4) Tach does work but definitely wildly inaccurate.
> Any advice on how to get tach working a little closer
> to actual revs that the engine is turning.

We had to replace ours.................

> 5) Gas gauge does not appear to be working. I have no
> clue how much gas is in the tank but I know I put at
> least a gallon in there when I first started Bugsy and
> gauge does not move when ignition switch is on. Maybe
> its really low on gas but I'm guessing those infamous
> Lucas parts and pieces once again.

Drain and drop the tank if the car sat for any period of time. Remove the sender
and soak it in your preferred spray on lubricant. I am liking the Penotrol 90
from Schaffer that I am using. GENTLY move the float back and forth to loosen it
up and re-install.
Good Luck
Brad