78/79 Switch Box

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 78/79 Switch Box
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 14:41:50 EST
John Poynton wrote:

<<<The only real problem that I had with the new switch is that the old one
had
a black "frame" around it and the new one from Moss or who ever is chrome so
it doesn't match the light switch or the 4-way blinker switch>>>

I had such a mismatched replacement headlamp switch in my '79 that I finally
took care of last winter. The currently supplied switches are chrome plated
on black plastic so I took the switch apart, sanded off the thin chrome
plating with crocus cloth, polished the now black surface and reassembled.
Now looks as original.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, Illinois, USA