Re: spridget-mod list, now 1 1/2" carbs for Spridget.

To: JARplanner@aol.com, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spridget-mod list, now 1 1/2" carbs for Spridget.
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 18:28:50 -0800 (PST)
Jim,

I picked up my dual manifold with good used HS4 carbs
and linkage from Quantum Mechanics for $200. That
price also included shipping. I cleaned and adjusted
the carbs and have been running them for a year now.
(No financial interest, yadda yadda yadda...just want
to pass on a very good source.)

Keep in mind that not all listers have what it takes
to make their own manifolds. Not to mention the cost
of materials and time to make it.

Dan

--- JARplanner@aol.com wrote:
> FWIW - I made my own intake manifold for 1 1/2" HIF4
> carbs (after talking
> with other Listers). Picked up a MGB manifold, cut
> out about 1 1/4" from
> middle & welded together. Also had to reduce width &
> thickness of mounting
> bracket. No big problems.
>
> Just too tight to pay $150+ for new manifold,
> although if I change my mind I
> would recommend APT.
>
> Jim Rogers
> San Juan Capistrano CA

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
64 Sprite (Rotary Project)
Eddington, Me.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.