Re: Cosmic wheels fit Bugeye?

To: <JRLNJ@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cosmic wheels fit Bugeye?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:03:17 -0500
we have 2 sets of cosmics here for the 1957 jabro mk1.  it has a sprite rear
axle in it now and they fit the sprite rear hubs.  as for sticking out on a
bugeye?  you need to find out back spacing and measure stock steel wheel
back spacing to see  where they fall!   remember those wheels and all alloy
wheels could be custom ordered!  they may look right but might not be a
stock off the assembly line production wheel.  another consideration is how
wide of a tire are you considering?   you are a victim of a catch 22
situation untill you have all the facts tire size / rim width(5.5, known) /
wheel offset(back spacing).   but!  if the price is right.....buy them!
they are a neat period wheel!  also!  in all alloy "used" wheels beware of
damage from parking by braille(curb damage) and cracks in the centers!
most "vintage wheels" are best left to being used for display wheels on show
cars.   just some thoughts and ideas about what to do and why?

chuck.