RE: Sprite with RX7 rear end

To: "'Spridgets List'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Sprite with RX7 rear end
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:48:09 -0800
Gerard,

I have a racing RX7...actually, two... and to be frank, a Sprite with a RX7
rear end- and the engine (12 A = 100 bhp stock; 13B has 135 bhp)- would be
quite enjoyable to drive (no flames please!)... I assume you mean the GSL
rear end with the disc brakes and the limited slip diff?... there is a
slightly better (stronger) rear end in the RX7 first generation GSL-SE
(bigger brakes, different bolt pattern for the wheels). I just picked up a
GSL axle for my 1981 car from the scrapyard today- $160 complete.

Jacques le Clainche
2001 Boxster S- 931 miles- would swap for Lotus Xl or other interesting
British road racing car with history- cash adjustment either way
2000 Astro Van- support vehicle and wife's car
1998 Ford Expedition- towing vehicle
1985 Mazda RX7- road racing
1981 Mazda RX7- road racing
1959 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite- Vintage road racing