Re: Steering hub removal

To: toyman@digitex.net, philip.s.jones@attbi.com
Subject: Re: Steering hub removal
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 12:16:42 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Phil -

Try the following - has worked for me to remove 38 year old steering wheel;

1. Soak hub/coulumn with PB Blaster or similar penertrant (not WD 40).
2. Put column nut pack on & TIGHTEN DOWN  HARD.  This will break the
bond/corrision between column & hub.
3. Remove column nut.
4. Hub should come off by pulling back on wheel. If not, then retry hammer.

Good Luck

Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA