Re: Valve settings

To: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve settings
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:40:32 -0800 (PST)
Larry,

I set mine to .018 and .020 respectfully when cold. No
problems. I need to call Ted to say hello so...I'll
ask him again.

Dan

--- "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu> wrote:
> Call me a DCO.
>
> I have been a bit concerned about the way my car is
> running after I got the
> new exhaust. Soooo last weekend I went and did some
> adjusting. I checked the
> valve clearances and adjusted the carb (still the
> DGV, no SU's YET). Well I
> set the valves to the stock setting and it seemed
> OK. But then I realized it
> weren't quite right. DUH I put a modified cam in
> (JERK!!). So I went and
> checked Ted Schumacher's email he sent me, last
> year, about timing this cam.
> Well, stock is .025 cold. Ted told me (memory is
> such an evil thing) .018
> intake and .020 exhaust HOT.
>
> Now if memory (see there is that THING again) serves
> correctly heat expands
> stuff. So I think Hot clearance should be tighter
> than cold settings. So I
> may not be too far off, but I am still off, I think.
> Will have to do it all
> over again anyway, but thought I would ask, I didn't
> screw up too bad did
> I??
>
> Live and learn,
>
> Larry
>
> PS anyone got a GOOD header for a 1500?? I just
> found out tonight mine is
> cracked at the collector.
>

> --
>
> Larry Macy
> 78 Midget
>
> Keep your top down and your chin up.
>
> Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
> macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu
> System Manager/Administrator
> Neuropsychiatry Section
> Department of Psychiatry
> University of Pennsylvania
> 3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
> Philadelphia, PA 19104

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
64 Sprite (Rotary Project)
Eddington, Me.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful
servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten
the gift."
- Albert Einstein.