Re: An exhausting question, part 2

To: mts3@ra.msstate.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: An exhausting question, part 2
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 20:28:33 EST
Hello comrads,
I am the poor rookie who is going to replace the cracked exhaust manifold
with a header system.   I picked up the header and it is in three pieces, the
header itself is a two piece affair, with the outboard cylinders in one Y
shaped piece and the two inner cylinders in a straighter affair, turn 90
degrees and then going into a collection piece that goes from two pipes to
one.  Does anyone have any experience with this type of header?  It looks as
if it could be a real PITA to keep in place (particularily the inner cycliner
piece) while the rest of the brackets and intake manifold is being attached?
Any thoughts,  I can take this back and get the more traditional (at least
for the Philly MG club) header,  Jim at British Racing Green was very
accomodating with the idea that the header was a different style.

John Poynton
79 Midget "Yellow Fever"
Havertown Pa 19083