Re: SU rebuild question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <cbking@mail.alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: SU rebuild question
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:22:34 -0000
Yes,
Basically the jet is a brass tube that fits into the base of the carb
and has a fuel feed pipe that connects from the bottom of the float
chamber.
The needle slides in and out of the jet, and is tapered to allow a
measured rate of flow of fuel to pass up through the jet.
The waxstat ones have some sort of sealed cylindrical chamber
containing wax, around the base of the jet tube.  As the temerature
rises the wax melts and expands, moving the jet upwards and so
weakening the mixture.

Bit gimmicky, and not known for reliability or accuracy.

The standard ones are a direct replacement

Guy