Re: dumb head question

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dumb head question
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:38:25 -0800
Glen,

You should drain the coolant and loosen all the head stud nuts just enough
so you don't have uneven pressure all on one side. I'd think you'd end up
with potential problems if you loosen only one side. Leave as much time as
you can to let all the oil drain into the sump as possible too. Worst that
will happen is you'll have to pull the head to replace the gasket, but if
you don't disturb the head, you should be OK.

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
http://www.gerardsgarage.com/fourpoints