Lotus

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lotus
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 00:51:40 -0000
Lotus Elan - one of the dream cars of my youth!

Last weekened I went to an engineering workshop to pick up some
welding that I was getting done.  I have been there quite a few times
over recent years but this time it was aaa Saturday, it was quiet and
I got chatting to the owner.  Seems that 25 years ago we both almost
certainly competed against each other in the same events in the Welsh
National Rally Championships - but that is another story! (Escort
Mexico and Mini Cooper, respectively)

After a while he mentioned he had an Elan ( original type, not that
overgrown modern version!) He produced some smart photos.  Then we
went out and he lifted the tailgate of a transporter van and there
inside was a complete bodyshell, chassis, engine and running gear of
another one.  "Ripe for restoration" as they say.  He said it had been
there for 15 years as he hadn't got round to doing it up yet - mainly
because he has the other one to play with.

So, one of these days I think I might just go round there again and
make my offer!
Now, do I tell HER first, or just arrive with it on a trailer like I
did with the last 2 Spridget purchases?

Guy