Re: fat sunvisors

To: Steven Michelsen <stevenm@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: fat sunvisors
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 05:49:44 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Steven,

SM> The sunvisors on my 78 Midget are far too "thick", that is, the foam inside
has apparently disintegrated, leaving me with visors that are about 1.5 inches
thick.  A bit much, seeing as they are
SM> directly at eye-height!  the vinyl on the outside is perfect, so I have
been hesitant to cut it open to replace the foam with something thinner.  I
have contemplated the notion of injecting the
SM> inside with "something" that will dry solid and flat as I mold it after
shooting it in.  Is this idea nuts, or has someone tried it already?  If so
what product did you use?  I have considered
SM> using a can of "Great Stuff" foam insulation.

I removed my sun visors and am happy with the results.

SM> If I replace the visors, my question would be - how do I attach them?  What
is that fastener, anyway?

Not sure about the originals, but one of my was riveted to the frame,
the other was bolted.  I think the original was riveted.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net