MGA spotting in Brooklyn.

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA spotting in Brooklyn.
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 18:07:08 EDT
Got a kick out of this at 4:30 PM today.
Driving on the service road under the BQE (Brooklyn-Queens Expressway). This
might be the ugliest service road of all times. It is just minutes before
rush hour and everyone is in a hurry. Oh sh_t, the draw bridge for the Gowas
Canal comes (the Gowas makes Love Canal look like a swimming hole). Two lanes
over a guy pulls up in a cherry MGA, wire wheels, wind wings, just perfect.
The driver is just sitting there, nicely dressed, the engine is purring.
Looks the part of the perfect English Gent. We are stuck here, this isn't
some pleasure boat coming through, but a Tug Boat slowly pushing a football
field size garbage barge. It is hot but the MGA is still purring, driver
doesn't seem the least bit concerned about it overheating.
Now some guy in a Datsun with red tape where the tail lights should be, (but
who knows might have a 5 speed in there) decides that he is going to turn
around and weave his way across 3 lanes of gridlock. He gets to the MGA, the
driver just looks at him, he edges closer. Oh man.
The MG backs up a little, still no room, closer. closer. Now the horn.
So now it is time for perfect English Gent to speak up. I am expecting "Sorry
bloke, but are queued up here."
No such thing, this guy says with a perfect Brooklyn accent says "You move
another inch and I will beat the mother fu_king sh_t out of you!"

David Oliner
59,60 Bugeyes
67 TR4A