Re: Trying to start my 79 Midget

To: "Bill Tubbs" <piperbill@isp01.net>
Subject: Re: Trying to start my 79 Midget
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 08:41:20 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Bill,
I have had this symptom a few times over the years on my TR3. I have
found three causes.
1. Capacitor going bad
2. Problem with fuel supply (pinched line, dirt in the filter, etc.)
3. Vacuum leak - this was my latest problem.
When I reassembled my engine with new headers, it would run if I sprayed
gas or starting fluid down the carb but would die as soon as it burned
that mixture. Problem was- the headers were conflicting with the intake
and not letting them sit flat on the head. A few "adjustments" later and
started up fine.
Just a few ideas,
Mike Thompson
59 Triumph TR3A