Re[2]: Spridget wheel painting tip

To: Kent McLean <kentmclean@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Spridget wheel painting tip
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 23:21:28 -0400
Cc: RevdSpridget@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Kent,

Friday, June 14, 2002, 11:25:04 PM, you wrote:

KM> RevdSpridget@aol.com wrote:
>>What sort of cars race in the world cup - is it a European rally or something?
>>
>>RS
>>
>>In a message dated 13/06/02 19:52:55 Greenwich Standard Time,
>>kentmclean@mindspring.com writes:
>>
>>>*world* is watching
>>>the World Cup.

KM> The same kind that the Red Wings race -- none.

KM> Since there is no smiley after your question, I'll assume you
KM> truly have no clue and I'll answer it -- the World Cup is a series
KM> of football (soccer) matches to determine the world champion.
KM> Countries from around the world, not just North America, compete.

Three years ago I was in London during the World Cup.  Soccer fans are
insane.  I spent some time in a pub when England was playing.  I
learned to cheer when the bar did.  If you were on the streets the
noise from the pubs could be heard blocks away.  After Scotland won, I
saw a Scot punch a double decker bus that want him to move.

One day in the afternoon I was in a pub and I could not find a seat.
I asked the barmaid where all the chairs were and she said, "The UK is
playing tonight.  We put all the chairs in the back so the soccer
hooligans won't throw them through the windows."   World Cup in a
outside of the US is something else and it should be seen, felt,
smelled and lived.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net