Re: Healey International at Lake Tahoe

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healey International at Lake Tahoe
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 19:04:36 -0700
We have been home a few hours now and have started to unwind from a long
week of car "Stuff".

What Gerard said. So many cars, so many owners, so little time to meet and
talk with everyone. By my count there were 38 Bugeye's and 5 later Sprites
present out of a total of 581 Healey's. At least I think 581 was the final
number of cars that actually made it to Tahoe.

Bugiiis ran near perfect for the week and we logged over 900 miles, 300 each
way and another 300 around Lake Tahoe during the week. We did lose  the fuel
pump about 12 miles from the hotel Sunday on the way there. We had a spare
so it was not a big deal.

I added a nice item to my collection during the auction. It is a reduction
of one of Gerry Coker's original drawings of the Bugeye from 1956. The scale
drawing was reduced to 11x17 and the body was colored in by Coker. It is
also autographed by him. He also did one for the 100/4 that I really wanted
but I hesitated a second too long and lost the bid.

The drawing can be seen at http://www.ado13.com/tahoe/cokerbugeyedrawing.jpg

Larry Miller
http://www.ado13.com