Re: It has arrived

To: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: It has arrived
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 20:07:59 +0100
Hi Larry,
The T-9 Ford box is what I have fitted to my 1275 Sprite.

I did it as a DIY set up - didn't buy a kit other than the bellhousing
and a new clutch.  The rest is ex scrapyard stuff.
Sounds like yours has the same fitting instructions - cut out the
cross member and bolt up the replacement section / tranny mount.
Extend the gearshift hole rearwards for the new lever position.  Only
difference is that I shortned the aluminium gear extension housing to
bring the gear lever nearer to the normal position just 3/4" further
back.

Not sure what the "fibreglass tunnel cover" is for in yours.  Sounds
to me like it is what they sell for fitting to a Morris Minor.  I'm
not sure you need that bit!

Pleased with mine.  Short stubby lever gives a very quick shift - ask
Daniel ! - and the ratios are spot - on for my mildly tuned 1275.

Good luck!

Guy