clutch advise needed

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch advise needed
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:25:27 -0400
Ok fellow Spridget owners, need some serious advise here.

 clutch acts as if it wont disengage.. (tranny GRRRS cant get into gear etc)
 i replaced the master/slave with NEW units. Bled them successfully..
Slave cylinder rod moves about 5/8" (6/10") with no bleed back. so the
hydraulics are fine.
nice solid pedal etc.  I JUST replaced the tranny with a fresh pro rebuilt
one.
I think the clutch fork-pin is ok..
before I put the new tranny in..
the pressure plate looked good, the throw-out bearing looked good the clutch
disc showed just a little wear..
I actually drove it for about 100 miles when things went haywire. I thought
it was the hydraulics, but that didn't help..

I know damn well ive got to take the engine tranny out, but besides an
obvious major parts failure internally what do I look for???

befuddled.
RK