Re: Top Troubles

Subject: Re: Top Troubles
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 00:07:00 -0400
Cc: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "yahoogroups, midgetsprite" <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Hi again,

I had the same problem with "Little Bits". When I pulled the top out of
the box it was inches too short in all directions. It was in the box for
ten years that I know of, but it was a brand new AMCO. I prefer a hair
dryer or heat gun for obvious reasons. I heated it as evenly as
possible, waving the gun topside and underside until quite warm to the
touch. I hooked the front to the windscreen and kept pulling and heating
until I could hook the back under the cleats. I heated it again for a
couple evenings that way until I could hook one snap at each side. I
kept repeating every couple nights until I got all the fasteners by the
next week. I was still building the car and wiring it, so I had plenty
of time to take it easy. I just want to say, it can be done, but be patient.

Dave & Bobbie Carpenter
Pittsburgh, PA
60 3000 "Healey Bits" (in more pieces than they built it from)
60 Bugeye "Little Bits" click the link below for pictures
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm
Pictures from Pittsburgh Vintage Gran
prixhttp://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/pvgp.htm